It is natural for an atheist to pick from this list of ancient recommendations, but it is hypocritical for a believer to do the same because they imaging this is the inspired word of God. The complete list should be honored.
So believers, while number 25 makes sense and is pretty easy to follow for any normal person, number 54 is utterly ridiculous, and I don’t even want to begin explaining what is wrong with number 57.
Thanks to The Tumblr Atheist
Here’s chapter and verse on a more-or-less comprehensive list of things banned in the Leviticus book of the bible. A decent number of them are punishable by death.
1. Burning any yeast or honey in offerings to God (2:11)
2. Failing to include salt in offerings to God (2:13)
3. Eating fat (3:17)
4. Eating blood (3:17)
5. Failing to testify against any wrongdoing you’ve witnessed (5:1)
6. Failing to testify against any wrongdoing you’ve been told about (5:1)
7. Touching an unclean animal (5:2)
8. Carelessly making an oath (5:4)
9. Deceiving a neighbour about something trusted to them (6:2)
10. Finding lost property and lying about it (6:3)
11. Bringing unauthorised fire before God (10:1)
12. Letting your hair become unkempt (10:6)
13. Tearing your clothes (10:6)
14. Drinking alcohol in holy places (10:9)
15. Eating an animal which doesn’t both chew cud…
View original post 705 more words